Plume Homepass Mobile Application Policy End User License Agreement
Our goal is to ensure that you are completely satisfied with your services. For your security, please read the appropriate agreements prior to submitting and committing to Volt Broadband’s products and services.
This Volt Broadband Plume Homepass Mobile Application End User License Agreement (“Agreement”) is a binding agreement between you (“End User” or “you”) and Volt Broadband, LLC (“Volt”). This Agreement governs your use of the Plume Homepass Mobile Application, including all related documentation, (the “App”). The App is licensed, not sold, to you.
BY CLICKING THE “ACCEPT” BUTTON BELOW OR CHECKING “I ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS” ON THE APP REGISTRATION PAGE, YOU (A) ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT; (B) REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE OF LEGAL AGE TO ENTER INTO A BINDING AGREEMENT; AND (C) ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE LEGALLY BOUND BY ITS TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, CLICK “DECLINE” BELOW AND DO NOT USE THE APP.
1. License Grant
Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Volt grants you a limited, non-exclusive, and nontransferable license to download, install, and use the App for your personal, non-commercial use on a mobile device owned or otherwise controlled by you (“Mobile Device”) strictly in accordance with the App’s documentation. This license is provided to you free of charge.
2. License Restrictions
You shall not:
- copy the App, except as expressly permitted by this license;
- modify, translate, adapt, or otherwise create derivative works or improvements, whether or not patentable, copyrightable or registrable under intellectual property laws, of the App;
- reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of the App or any part thereof;
- remove, delete, alter, or obscure any trademarks or any copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights notices from the App, including any copy thereof;
- rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer, or otherwise make available the App, or any features or functionality of the App, to any third party for any reason, including by making the App available on a network where it is capable of being accessed by more than one device at any time;
- remove, disable, circumvent, or otherwise create or implement any workaround to any copy protection, rights management, or security features in or protecting the App; or
- use the App in, or in association with, the design, construction, maintenance, or operation of any hazardous environments or systems, including any power generation systems; aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control systems, or any other transport management systems; safety-critical applications, including medical or life-support systems, vehicle operation applications or any police, fire, or other safety response systems; and military or aerospace applications, weapons systems, or environments.
Reservation of Rights
You acknowledge and agree that the App is provided under license, and not sold, to you. You do not acquire any ownership interest in the App under this Agreement, or any other rights thereto other than to use the App in accordance with the license granted, and subject to all terms, conditions, and restrictions, under this Agreement. Volt reserves and shall retain its entire right, title, and interest in and to the App, including all copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights therein or relating thereto, except as expressly granted to you in this Agreement.
Collection and Use of Your Information
- You acknowledge that when you download, install, or use the App, Volt may collect information about your Mobile Device and about your use of the App. You also may be required to provide certain information about yourself as a condition to downloading, installing, or using the App or certain of its features or functionality. When you download, register with, or use the App, we may ask you to provide information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”) and that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your password, and your router’s MAC address and serial number. This information includes information that you provide by filling in forms in the App and information provided at the time of registering to use the App. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the App and keep records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us. Additionally, you may provide personal or other information to your internet service provider and other third parties that may be provided to us by your internet service provider and displayed on the App through your use of the App. The provision of this information by you to these third parties may be subject to such third parties’ terms and conditions. Volt does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for such information.
- We use information that we collect about you, that you provide to us, or that we receive from your internet service provider, including any personal information, to provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, including any in-App notifications related to your use of the App, fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it and/or carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. Your internet service provider may also use information that we collect about you to contact you about goods and services offered by your internet service provider or other third parties that may be of interest to you by sending you emails or in-App notifications. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please do not use the App and delete your account. If you agree to let us use your information in this way but do not wish to receive in-App notifications, you may adjust your push notification preferences in your account profile.
Information You Provide to Third Parties
You acknowledge that you may provide personal or other information to your internet services provider and other third parties, that may be displayed by Volt on the App through your use of the App. The provision of this information by you to these third parties may be subject to such third parties’ terms and conditions. Volt does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for such information. The App may display, include, or make available content (including data, information, applications, and other products, services, and/or materials) from your internet service provider including data based on your service selections, instructions and/or consent to your internet service provider.
Volt may from time to time in its sole discretion develop and provide App updates, which may include upgrades, bug fixes, patches, other error corrections, and/or new features (collectively, including related documentation, “Updates”). Updates may also modify or delete in their entirety certain features and functionality. You agree that Volt has no obligation to provide any Updates or to continue to provide or enable any particular features or functionality. Based on your Mobile Device settings, when your Mobile Device is connected to the internet either:
- the App will automatically download and install all available Updates; or
- you may receive notice of or be prompted to download and install available Updates.
You shall promptly download and install all Updates and acknowledge and agree that the App or portions thereof may not properly operate should you fail to do so. You further agree that all Updates will be deemed part of the App and be subject to all terms and conditions of this Agreement.
At the request of your internet service provider, we may display, include, or make available on the App content from third parties or provide links to third-party websites or services, including through third-party advertising (“Third-Party Materials”). You acknowledge and agree that Volt is not responsible for Third-Party Materials, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality, or any other aspect thereof. Volt does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for any Third-Party Materials. Third-Party Materials and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you, and you access and use them entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties’ terms and conditions. If you do not wish to have such Third-Party Materials displayed or sent to you, you may adjust the push notification preferences in your account profile or delete the App.
Term and Termination
- The term of Agreement commences when you acknowledge your acceptance and will continue in effect until terminated by you or Volt as set forth in this Section 8.
- You may terminate this Agreement by deleting your Plume Homepass account and the App (and all copies thereof) from your Mobile Device(s). Please note that deleting your Plume Homepass account will not delete your account(s) with your internet service provider for related services.
- Volt may terminate this Agreement at any time without notice if it ceases to support the App, which Volt may do in its sole discretion. In addition, this Agreement will terminate immediately and automatically without any notice if you violate any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement and/or the Volt Broadband Customer Service Agreement.
- Upon termination:
- all rights granted to you under this Agreement will also terminate; and
- you must cease all use of the App and delete all copies of the App from your Mobile Device(s).
- Termination will not limit any of Volt’s rights or remedies at law or in equity.
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE APP IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” AND WITH ALL FAULTS AND DEFECTS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, VOLT, ON ITS OWN BEHALF AND ON BEHALF OF ITS AFFILIATES, EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO THE APPLICATION, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. WITHOUT LIMITATION TO THE FOREGOING, VOLT PROVIDES NO WARRANTY OR UNDERTAKING, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND THAT THE APP WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, ACHIEVE ANY INTENDED RESULTS, BE COMPATIBLE, OR WORK WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE, APPLICATIONS, SYSTEMS, OR SERVICES, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, MEET ANY PERFORMANCE OR RELIABILITY STANDARDS, OR BE ERROR-FREE, OR THAT ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS CAN OR WILL BE CORRECTED.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF OR LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATIONS ON THE APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL VOLT OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, HAVE ANY LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE APP FOR:
- PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOST PROFITS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
- DIRECT DAMAGES IN AN AMOUNT THAT IN THE AGGREGATE EXCEED $100.00 US.
THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE OR VOLT WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Volt and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors, and assigns from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of whatever kind, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from or relating to your use or misuse of the App or your breach of this Agreement, including but not limited to the content you submit or make available through this App.
The App may be subject to US export control laws, including the US Export Administration Act and its associated regulations. You shall not, directly or indirectly, export, re-export, or release the App to, or make the App accessible from, any jurisdiction or country to which export, re-export, or release is prohibited by law, rule, or regulation. You shall comply with all applicable federal laws, regulations, and rules, and complete all required undertakings (including obtaining any necessary export license or other governmental approval), prior to exporting, re-exporting, releasing, or otherwise making the Application available outside the US.
If any provision of this Agreement is illegal or unenforceable under applicable law, the remainder of the provision will be amended to achieve as closely as possible the effect of the original term and all other provisions of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect.
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state of Louisiana, excluding its choice of law rules. The United Nations Convention for the International Sale of Goods shall in no event apply to this Agreement.
Choice of Forum; Personal Jurisdiction
You agree that any action of whatever nature arising from or relating to this Agreement will be filed only in the Louisiana State District Court located in Richland Parish, Louisiana, or in the United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana located in Monroe, Louisiana. You expressly consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts for the purposes of any such action.
No failure to exercise, and no delay in exercising, on the part of either party, any right or any power hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right or power hereunder preclude further exercise of that or any other right hereunder. In the event of a conflict between this Agreement and any applicable purchase or other terms, the terms of this Agreement shall govern.