We believe that everyone deserves access to the connection they need.
That’s why we’re pleased to participate in the Lifeline program to offer a discount on broadband and phone services for qualifying households.
Through Lifeline, eligible Volt Broadband customers can receive one of the two discounts listed below.
- $9.25 off the monthly cost of broadband only or broadband and phone packages.
- $5.25 off the monthly cost of phone only packages.
How to Qualify
- Participate in SNAP, Medicaid or other Federal Assistance Programs including Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA), or Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit.
- Household income 135% or less than the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Have a child or dependent that participates in any of the programs listed above.
How to Apply for Lifeline in Two Easy Steps
- Visit LifelineSupport.org to see if you are eligible or for more information.
- Call (318) 728-1022 to select a qualifying plan.
For further assistance
Please contact Volt Broadband Lifeline Program at (318) 728-1022.
*Lifeline benefits are non-transferable and limited to one monthly discount per household. Lifeline is a federal government benefit program operated by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and upon its conclusion or when a household is no longer eligible, customers will be subject to the provider’s regular rates, terms, and conditions.